Flower drying silica gel provides one of the fastest, easiest & most effective methods for drying & preserving flowers. The traditional method for drying flowers (air drying) can take weeks, and often produces flowers with faded colours, and shrivelled appearance. When using flower drying silica gel, most flowers are dried within 2-7 days, retaining their colour and shape.
About Our Flower Drying Silica Gel
Our reusable flower drying silica gel is comprised of a mixture of very small white silica gel crystals & indicating orange silica gel beads that work to effectively adsorb the moisture from the flowers.
The small size (0.08-0.6mm) of the white silica gel crystals ensures that they will not leave any indents on the flowers’ petals during the drying process. In addition, the silica gel has a low dust emission rate, is non-toxic, non-corrosive, chemically inert and will always remain dry – even when full of moisture.
The indicating silica gel beads in the mix will change colour from
Flowers that Dry Well in Silica Gel
Rose • Aster • Marigold • Pansies • Daises • Peonies • Larkspur • Dahlia • Carnations • Bachelor Buttons • Heather • Celosia • Gomphrena • Zinnia • Chrysanthemum • Delphinium
Once the flower drying crystals are saturated with moisture, as indicated by the dark green appearance of the indicating beads, the flower drying crystals can be easily reactivated with any conventional oven:
- Pre-heat oven to 105-115°C.
- Place silica gel in an appropriate metal or glass oven-proof tray - try and keep the silica gel layer to a thickness of less than 2 inches as this allows it to dry faster and more evenly.
- Once the oven is at the correct temperature, place the tray of silica gel into the oven for approximately 2-3 hours.
- Check to see if the all the indicating beads have returned to their original colour, orange. If they have, move onto step 5. If they haven’t, simply keep them in there until they have.
- Wait for the silica gel to cool before handling it as it will be extremely hot. Once cooled, it can be placed back in the moisture barrier bag/pail that it came in, or in any other air-tight space.
|Bead Diameter||White: 0.08-0.6mm, Orange: 3-5mm|
|Type||Mix (99% White), (<1% Orange)|
|Colour||White & (Orange - Green)|
|Indicating Dye||2.5% Methyl Violet|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Silica Gel Store users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.