What is Silica Gel?
Silica gel is a drying and dehumidifying agent (known as a desiccant) that can be used to protect your valuables and supplies from moisture damage by absorbing and trapping water vapour in the air, lowering the relative humidity (RH) below 30%. When used in sealed spaces, this lowered humidity will help prevent the formation of rust, mould & condensation, and will also decrease spoilage rates in food products & pharmaceuticals.
- 1 gram of silica gel packaged in Tyvek sachets, that are dust-free, tear & puncture resistant.
- Non-corrosive; safe for use with sensitive goods, such as electronics.
- Non-toxic, odourless, chemically inert and does not form by-products.
- Can adsorb up to 40% of its weight in moisture.
- Always remains dry to the touch; silica gel will not feel wet or swell in size as it adsorbs moisture.
- Packet dimensions: 75 x 40 x 10 mm.
Packet Material - Tyvek
Tyvek is light-weight, tear resistant, low-linting, has a smooth surface, contains no harmful substances and is resistant to chemicals, abrasion & aging. In addition, the fabric is also water-proof, but does allow water vapour to pass through it. Tyvek also meets the requirements of the U.S Food & Drug Administration for use in direct contact with food and drugs.
Tyvek is a product of the US DuPont Company consisting of nonwoven spun bond olefin fibre. It is made by spinning and tightly bonding small polyethylene (PE) fibres to produce high density polyethylene (HDPE) fibre.
Desiccant packaged with Tyvek is applied in storage, military, shipping and many other industries that require dehumidifying applications.
Applications & Uses
- Tool Boxes
- Gun Safes
- Camera Gear
- Food & Grain
- Leather Products
- Camping Gear
- Sporting Gear
- Fishing Gear
- Hunting Gear
- Telescopes & Optics
- Musical Instruments
|Dimensions||40 x 20 x 3 mm|
|Net Weight||1 gram|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Silica Gel Store users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.